Enrolling your property in this program is a five year commitment to continue farming. A penalty will be assessed if the land is taken out of the program or if not used for agriculture.
- Defer sewer, water or electric assessments as long as land is farmed.
- Legal protection for any generally accepted agricultural practice in the defense of a nuisance lawsuit made against the farming operation.
- Limited protection against the use of eminent domain.
- Any tract of agricultural land of 10 acres or more which has been devoted exclusively to agricultural commercial use for the last three years is eligible.
- A smaller tract may be included if the tract produced an average gross income of $2,500 or more from sales of agricultural commercial products during the previous three years.
Please go to Forms / Publications
to print an Application for Placement of Farmland in an AG district (under Real Estate).